Twelve seniors have been named as the 2018 Syracuse University Scholars, the highest undergraduate honor that the University bestows. Eight of the students are alumni of Syracuse Abroad programs. Congratulations to all!
- Jordan Barrett: Discovery Strasbourg
- Fanta Drame: World Partner, SIT Health and Community
- Katie Duggan: Syracuse Florence
- Caitlin Harrison: World Partner, AMIDEAST Jordan
- Jacqueline Page: Syracuse London; Jackie is a London global ambassador
- Sarah Ritchey: Summer Architecture seminar and Syracuse Florence
- Elen Safarian: Florence Summer Session
- Danika Van Niel: Syracuse Hong Kong
University Scholars will represent the entire graduating class at the May 13 Commencement ceremony. On Wednesday, May 9, the scholars will be honored at a reception at the Chancellor’s house hosted by Chancellor Kent Syverud and Dr. Ruth Chen, at which they will receive special medallions to be worn at Commencement. The scholars will also be honored at the One University awards ceremony on Friday, April 20, at Hendricks Chapel.
The Syracuse University Scholars Selection Committee, a University-wide faculty committee, selected the 2018 scholars using criteria that included coursework and academic achievement, independent research and creative work, evidence of intellectual growth and/or innovation in their disciplinary field, a personal statement and faculty letters of recommendation.