Open only to students accepted to the special program Madrid Center & Liberal Arts in Spanish at UAM.
Taught in Spanish. Topics covered include:
- The international image and position of Europe and the United States in the contemporary world.
- The Eurocentrism of the international system (I): the evolution of the European Concert and relations in the Atlantic
- The Eurocentrism of the international system (II): the colonial expansion and imperialism
- The impact of World War I and the design of an international Euro-American order
- The push for homogeneity in the crisis during the period between wars
- The collapse of Europe and the new cartography of power: from the hot war to the cold war
- The theater of the Cold War
- Europe and the United States before the processes of decolonization and the North-South dialectic
- Rethinking the new world and living in the international (dis)order: Europeans and North Americans during the turn of the 21st century
Meets with SPA 380.13.
(19036, Europa y los Estados Unidos en el Sistema Internacional)
Locations: Liberal Arts at UAM, Madrid