Open only to students accepted to the special program Madrid Center & Liberal Arts in Spanish at UAM.
Taught in Spanish. Topics:
- Introduction: Europe during the 1600s between the Reformation and the Enlightenment.
- Between peace and war, 1595 – 1618
- The Thirty Years’ War: “Teutonic War,” European War, the Scandinavian powers
- Crisis in the Spanish Monarchy
- Civil war and war between kingdoms: From the Republic to the Restoration.
- Economic transformations and differential crisis
- The culture of the Baroque
- Absolutism in action
- French homogeny and European equilibrium
- Crisis of the European conscience: Towards the Enlightenment.
(19014, Historia Moderna II, Siglo XVII)
Locations: Liberal Arts at UAM, Madrid