Open only to students accepted to the special program Madrid Center & Liberal Arts in Spanish at UAM.
Taught in Spanish.
I. The Transition from the Ancient to the Medieval
- Visigoth Hispania.
II. Muslim Spain (eighth through twelfth centuries)
- Evolution and political organization of al-Andalus.
- Society and economy in al-Andalus.
- Beliefs and culture in al-Andalus.
III. Formation and Evolution of the Christian Kingdoms (eighth through twelfth centuries)
- Genesis and evolution of peninsular monarchies.
- Society and border dynamics.
- The economic structure.
- Church, religion and culture.
Meets with HST 380.4.
(19015, Génesis de la Edad Media Peninsular)
Locations: Liberal Arts at UAM, Madrid