Open only to students accepted to the special program Madrid Center & Liberal Arts in Spanish at UAM.
Taught in Spanish. Topics include:
- From the pre-Hispanic substrate to the colonial renaissance. Readings: selection of texts from the Popol Vuh, the historians of the Indies, La Araucana by Alonso de Ercilla, the Inca Garcilaso de la Vega.
- Orientations of the Spanish-American baroque. Readings: selection of texts by Juana Ines de la Cruz, Juan del Valle and Caviedes, Carlos de Siguenza and Góngora, Juan Rodríguez Freyle.
- From the Eenlightenment to emancipation. Cult poetry and popular poetry. Readings: selection of poetic texts of Bello, Heredia and Olmedo; Martín Fierro de José Hernández.
- Cultural emancipation. The nineteenth-century narrative. The essay. Readings: Sin rumba by E. Cambaceres or Maria by J. Isaacs (choose one).
- Modernism. Readings: J.A. Silva, De sobremesa; R. Darío, Cantos de vida y esperanza.
- Evolution of dramaturgy. Reading: Florencio Sánchez, Barranca abajo.
(17527, Literatura y Cultura: Literatura Hispanoamericana de la Colonia a la Independencia)
Locations: Liberal Arts at UAM, Madrid