Posting: September 2019
Those interested in teaching a course should send a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to the Assistant Director for Teaching and Learning, Bob Vallier, at email@example.com.
Posting: July 2019
Field trip and site visit lecturers
Syracuse University in Florence is committed to providing a top-quality study-abroad program to a diverse student body, from first-year to graduate students. Nearly all our courses are open to students from other U.S. colleges and universities, and every semester almost half our student body comprises students from schools other than Syracuse University. Many of our students come to study in Florence because they have a special interest in art history, architecture, Italian language or studio art; but others are majoring in such disciplines as business, women’s studies, education or nutrition. Although all our students are required to take Italian, our program is not devoted solely to Italian Culture and Language, for our gaze is also turned to the larger social, historical, and political situation of Europe today. Various nationalities are represented among our faculty and staff.
We are looking for field trip lecturers (FTL) and site visits lecturers. The FTL accompanies students on national site visits and lectures on subjects appropriate to experience and qualifications. The length of the assignments can vary from half a day to three days and depends on the availability of the lecturer.
One third of our lectures take place on Fridays in Florence and Tuscany and their length is of half a day to one full day from 8am to 7:30pm. The other lectures are spread all over the country on Fridays, Saturdays and sometimes from Friday to Sunday. Indeed we offer several day trips in places reachable easily by train or private bus (Rome, Venice, Verona, Perugia, ect.) and overnight weekend trips with two nights included (Trentino-Alto Adige, Puglia, Campania, Sicilia, ect.). All our groups are also accompanied by responsible adults from our staff.
Field trips, site visits
- Prepare lectures for field trips and site visits in Florence, Tuscany and all over Italy
- Provide enjoyable and professional lectures
- Collaborate on the eventual adjustments to be made on the itineraries depending on the bookings made by the Field Trip Office
- Pick-up the packet before the trip
- Monitor the group’s overall safety and highlight any concern
- Ensure the communication throughout the day with the Experiential Learning Coordinator
- Pick-up the money before the trip
- Prepare budget returns in a timely manner after the trip
- Italian citizen or legal work permit
- Licensed tour guide – mandatory
- In possession of the Partita IVA
- Experience living, working, or studying abroad
- Knowledge of study abroad programs, international education and the U.S. academic system
- Experience working with groups of American students
- Excellent oral and written Italian and English language skills
- Exceptional, demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to remain flexible and patient in any situation
- Being able to work with a team
- Being enthusiastic, energetic and friendly
- First aid certificate preferred
- M.A. highly recommended; P.H.D. preferred
Contratto di prestazione professionale (partita iva)
Interested candidates should send their CV, in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject heading, applicants must write: Syracuse application.