First Two Weeks: Adaption Period
After the housing placement, a two week period of adaptation is required before any housing moves are considered.
After Two Weeks: Resolution Period
The following policies are applicable:
- Step 1: The student must first try to work out the problem in-house; with or without the assistance of the housing coordinator, depending on the case.
- Step 2: If the problem is such that the student has a justified reason for moving, arrangements are made to visit another apartment.
Moving Out of Syracuse Housing
After these efforts, if a student in Syracuse housing decides to move independent of our housing, the student must get the following:
- Written permission from parents or guardian
- A letter of approval from the home school
- Syracuse Florence approval: Both housing coordinator and director
If the reasons are justifiable and done within the first month (no later than the final deadline for course/credit changes— 5:00 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 1) a 50% refund is applied.
If done after this deadline, no refund is available. If the reasons are unjustifiable (as determined by the director and housing coordinator), the student may choose to go ‘independent’ but will receive no refund.
Please remember that initial problems usually disappear or significantly diminish within a couple of weeks.