Welcome to Syracuse University Florence!
This page is dedicated to all visitors to our campus, including families and friends of students, alumni, prospective students and students from other Syracuse University centers abroad. In addition to the resources provided here, make sure to drop by the Student Life Office in our main building, the Villa Rossa, for a city map, a copy of the Villa Rossa Voice, a booklet on the history of the Villa Rossa and/or the latest issue of The Florentine newspaper (all subject to availability).
Suggestions for Family Visiting Current Students
- Sit in on your student’s classes and meet their professors
- Greet your student’s host family
- Get a tour of the campus from your student
- Visit Melanie Honour in the Student Life Office for printed visitor resources
Send Me Information
Before your visit, you can request a detailed visitors packet which includes:
- Travel and transportation advice
- Recommended hotels and restaurants in Florence
- Recommended Florence tour guides
- Advice on local customs
- Survival Italian guide
- Museum reservation and ticket information
- What to pack
- Suggested readings
Stay in Touch
Email Michelle at email@example.com to subscribe to our biannual student magazine, the Villa Rossa Voice.