In order to have the highest level of Syracuse Madrid support:
You have the responsibility to…
- have and keep on you a working, Spanish cell phone number
- supply Syracuse Madrid’s Student Life staff with your Spanish cell number within one week of arrival in Madrid
- inform Syracuse Madrid whenever you spend the night outside Madrid by filling out the Travel Registration Form
- check your syr.edu e-mail frequently and be responsive to any requests that we might make to ensure your security
- carry your Syracuse Madrid ID card with Syracuse Madrid’s emergency numbers on the back, with you at all times
- program a number to contact ‘In Case of Urgent Support’ into your cell phone – we would recommend you use Syracuse Madrid’s student resource line for urgent issues (+34 696 413 977). To do this, write Aa before the entry in your phone’s address book; this is Spain’s version of ICE (In case of emergency).
- register with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) and with International SOS (ISOS).