Syracuse Abroad accepts proposals from Syracuse faculty on an annual basis for summer courses taught the following year.
Faculty are required to submit a program proposal each year that a program will be considered, but returning programs submit an abbreviated version. There is no guarantee that a program will run every year.
The final proposals, new and returning, will be reviewed as a packet by your Dean and Syracuse Abroad, according to already established criteria. These include:
- Priorities of the School or College
- Compelling rationale and course content
- Academic standards consistent with semester courses
- Viable audience on the SU campus and potentially beyond SU
- Program fit in context of other offerings abroad
- Support of SU Center, if offered at a Center
- Financial viability
Scheduling of the program may be delayed to avoid programs competing with each other.
Faculty will be notified by June 1, 2017 with decisions.
Please send the completed and signed program proposal form and all other required documents electronically to Marie Kulikowsky by February 10, 2017. Incomplete proposals will not be considered for review.
Terms and Conditions (required for both new and returning programs)