Hong Kong Visa Information

Students will need a student visa to study in Hong Kong. Syracuse Abroad provides instructions for the visa applications form, and students will submit their application to Syracuse Abroad. It is not necessary that students submit their passport at the time of application although a photocopy of their passport is needed.

The Hong Kong visa application instructions and sample forms (for Syracuse Center students only) are provided in the Visa Instruction Booklet (below) for your reference. Please mail the completed application, along with a clear copy of your passport identification page, two passport photos, a $29 visa processing fee (check made payable to Syracuse University), and additional documents to:

Syracuse University Abroad
Mary Fedorko
106 Walnut Place
Syracuse, NY 13244

Students who participate in the Signature Seminar will need a tourist visa to travel to Mainland China. This is obtained by submitting a passport and visa application to a consulate of the People’s Republic of China. Detailed instructions are provided in the Visa Instruction Booklet (below) which is updated each semester.

Fall 2020 Hong Kong Visa Instruction Booklet – coming soon!

(NOTE: Students who will be direct-enrolling at City University of Hong Kong through Syracuse Abroad will receive separate visa instructions via email.)