Taught in Spanish at Universidad de Chile and may not be offered every semester. In this course, you will learn to develop campaigns and communication programs designed to results in behavioral changes, habits and healthy lifestyles in food and nutrition among users of the health system. Our goals are to:
- Apply educational and communication methodologies, based on theoretical approaches that allow meaningful learning, to mobilize the psychosocial variables conditioning the culture of individuals and groups of different ages and socioeconomic and cultural contexts, respecting ethical and bioethical principles.
- Apply principles and methods of social communication and behavioral change in the diagnosis and planning of interventions that promote a healthy diet, according to the characteristics of the target groups and target audiences of health programs.
- Apply a participatory educational methodology in food and nutrition education programs, based on participatory educational techniques that develop content, in various groups of the community, considering their sociocultural diversity and respecting ethical and bioethical principles.
Students completing this course should be able to:
- Apply concepts and methods of behavioral change models applied to social communication, diagnosing communication problems at the primary health level, in order to establish a baseline for the development of campaigns and communication programs that promote behavioral changes that lead to healthy lifestyles in the field of nutritionist performance.
- Design material for social communication programs of food and nutrition, based on the identification of communication problems with the aim of reducing inequality and gaps in information and motivation existing in the community and different groups of the population.
- Distinguish roles, aims, and conceptions of participatory educational practice, from the application of various group educational techniques that allow the population to learn in a collaborative, contextualized, self-regulated, and constructive manner, which form an important part of the construction of programs education in education and nutrition.
Department: Nutrition Science & Dietetics