Apply now to Syracuse Abroad!
Thank you for deciding to apply for a Syracuse Abroad program! We are so excited for you to join us – whether you’ve chosen to apply to attend a Syracuse Center program, one of our world partner programs, a summer program, or a short-term program.
Apply now for fall 2024 semester programs! Application deadline is March 15.
Standard Rolling Admission Dates
- Spring semester programs: June 1 (9:00 a.m. EST) – October 1
- Spring short-term programs: September 10 – October 15
- Summer programs: September 10 – February 1
- Fall semester programs: November 15 (9:00 a.m. EST) – March 15
- Fall short-term programs: Early Spring – March 15
Semester Programs with Earlier Deadlines
- Florence Center: Architecture – September 1/February 10
- Florence Center: Engineering (Spring Only) – September 15
- Florence Center: Design (Spring Only) – September 15
- London Center: Architecture – September 1/February 10
- London Center: Design (Spring Only) – September 22
- London Center: Setnor Music (Spring only)- September 20
- London Center: Whitman Core (Spring only) – September 15
- Madrid Center & Liberal Arts in Spanish at UAM – September 15/March 15
- Strasbourg Center: Engineering (Fall Only) – March 1
- World Partner Program: CIEE Arts & Sciences at Sophia University – September 15/February 15
- World Partner Program: CIEE Arts & Sciences at Yonsei University (Spring only) – September 15
- World Partner Program: Waseda University (Fall only) – February 15
- World Partner Program: University of the West Indies – September 15/February 15
Note: Most Syracuse Abroad programs have a “rolling admissions” policy, which means applications are reviewed as they are completed, prior to all deadlines. To ensure full consideration, all students are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as some programs have limited space. Some World Partner and Center programs have deadlines that occur earlier than the standard deadline for the term. For exact deadline dates, please refer to the program’s specific application page. Date of application does not guarantee acceptance.
- All applicants should be familiar with the Syracuse Abroad admissions policy.
*Note to U.S. citizens applying to study abroad: Due to the pandemic, both the U.S. State Department and the U.S. Postal Service are experiencing delays in the processing/mailing of passports. Syracuse Abroad encourages you to consider applying for an expedited passport which will cost an additional $60 and take 5-7 weeks to process (Processing times do not include mailing time. Mailing times vary across the country). We also highly recommend that you ask for and pay the $17.56 fee to have your passport application express delivered to the U.S. passport processing agency and an additional $17.56 to have your new passport express delivered to your home. This will significantly reduce the length of your wait. Check the U.S. State Department website for more information.
- If you do not have a valid passport, please leave this section of the application for admission blank and apply for a new/renewal passport as soon as possible. Your application will be reviewed for conditional acceptance without the passport information.
How to Apply
Selecting Your Program:
Find the program you’d like to apply to. Browse our program offerings or visit the program selector to find your program of interest. Once you are ready, click on the program title to access the Apply Now button and begin your application. You’ll then be prompted to create an OrangeAbroad account.
Creating Your OrangeAbroad Account:
Syracuse University student applicants will be able to log in directly to the OrangeAbroad portal using their NetID & password. Upon signing in, complete the required profile questions. You will then be brought to your applicant homepage where you will click on your application name to access the application and begin working on your checklist items.
First time visiting student applicants will need to create a profile on the OrangeAbroad portal to proceed. You will need to indicate that you are a visiting student creating an account for the first time. You will be asked to provide basic information and will be sent temporary log-in credentials by email. After receiving your temporary log-in credentials, sign back in to your newly created account, responding that you have an existing account and are logging in with your email address. Complete this sign-on process with the temporary credentials and when prompted, set your permanent password and security questions.
Upon signing in, complete the required profile questions. You will then be brought to your applicant homepage where you will click on your application name to access the application and begin working on your checklist items.
Note – Visiting students who are unable to complete their profile in a single session may need to return to the program’s brochure page and select ‘Apply Now’ a second time to reinitate the application session.
Completing Your Application:
- Once you’ve created your application within the OrangeAbroad portal, review your application and begin completed your checklist items. You will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee.
- Once all items have been completed and/or received by Syracuse Abroad Admissions staff (as indicated by a check mark in the box under the “received” column), your application will be ready for review and an Admissions Counselor will be in touch with you shortly thereafter with your decision.
- Your OrangeAbroad portal may be updated throughout the cycle with additional requirements. Once accepted, additional post-acceptance forms will be made available to you. Some checklist items are time-sensitive.
Be sure to check your portal often.