All students (apart from EU citizens traveling on a valid EU passport), participating in the Strasbourg program must get a French student visa prior to departure. Obtaining a French student visa is a multi-step process, so it is important that you read through the following steps carefully and follow the instructions below.
Step One: Campus France Registration
- To be completed by Friday, October 11: Register in Campus France’s “Etudes en France” system and complete the first phase of your visa application.
- Full instructions on completing your Etudes en France application are in this presentation.
- Submit the $190 Campus France fee and email your online payment receipt to Joelle Orecki.
If you miss this deadline, you will put your ability to participate in the Syracuse Strasbourg program at serious risk.
Step Two: Attend a Visa Appointment
Students must appear in person to apply for their French visa.
Option A: Plan to attend the group visa appointment on Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at Syracuse Abroad in Syracuse, NY
Option B: Schedule an Independent Appointment between October 28th and November 15th at a VFS Center in Washington D.C., Boston, New York, Atlanta, Houston, Miami, Chicago, Los Angeles, or San Francisco.
- Appointment slots fill up quickly, schedule your appointment by October 4.
- Once scheduled, email Joelle Orecki with the time & date of your appointment.
You are responsible for preparing and submitting your visa materials to the consulate accurately; Syracuse Abroad is unable to work with the consulates on your behalf. However, we are available to guide you through the process and review your paperwork. We recommend that you begin preparing your application materials at least two weeks in advance of your appointment to allow time to gather the required documents.
Download the visa application and instruction packet: