Updated March 29, 2023
All students (apart from EU citizens traveling on a valid EU passport, as well as nationals of Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein) participating in the Strasbourg program must get a French student visa prior to departure. Obtaining a French student visa is a multi-step process, so it is important that you read through the following steps carefully and follow the instructions below.
Step One: Campus France Registration
- To be completed by Friday, May 12: Register in Campus France’s “Etudes en France” system and complete the first phase of your visa application.
- Full instructions on completing your Etudes en France application are in the instruction packet linked below.
- Submit the $250 Campus France fee and email your online payment receipt to Katie Wells.
If you miss this deadline, you will put your ability to participate in the Syracuse Strasbourg program at serious risk.
Step Two: Complete French Visa Application
- To be completed by Friday, May 19: Complete the online visa application
Step Three: Attend a Visa Appointment
Students must appear in person at a VFS Global Center to apply for their French visa.
Schedule an Independent Appointment between May 26 – July 20 at a VFS Center in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco, or Washington D.C.
- Appointment slots fill up quickly, schedule your appointment no later than June 22.
- Once scheduled, email Katie Wells with the time & date of your appointment.
You are responsible for preparing and submitting your visa materials to the consulate accurately; Syracuse Abroad is unable to work with VFS Global and the consulates on your behalf. However, we are available to guide you through the process and review your paperwork. We recommend that you begin preparing your application materials at least two weeks in advance of your appointment to allow time to gather the required documents.
Download the visa application and instruction packet: France Student Visa Packet Fall 2023