Open only to students accepted to the special program Madrid Center & Liberal Arts in Spanish at UAM.
Taught in Spanish. Students will gain a general knowledge of modern history of Europe and of Spain from the end of the 18th century until 1848. Topics include:
- Europe during the end of the 18th Century
- The liberal revolutions
- Industrial Revolution and Industrialization
- Loyalist Europe and Post-Revolutionary Liberalism
- The new working world
History of Spain
- War and revolution in Spain
- The transition into liberalism during the Regency era
- Society and economy
Meets with SPA 380.2.
(16883 , Historia Contemporánea I)
Location: Liberal Arts at UAM