Cell Phones and Local Providers

Cell Phones

You are required to provide the Student Life staff with a working cell phone that can make and receive calls at any time, so that we may be able to reach you in the event of an emergency. We understand that some students prefer to set up an international plan with their U.S. service provider while others would rather purchase a SIM card from a local provider. Whichever solution you choose, it’s essential that you share your contact number with us.

You must fill out the number change form if you get a new number (Spanish or otherwise) during your time abroad (this can also be found on the Syracuse Madrid app!).

Popular U.S. international call plans

Popular Spanish pay-as-you-go calling plans