All students (apart from EU citizens traveling on a valid EU passport), participating in the Strasbourg program must get a French student visa prior to departure. Obtaining a French student visa is a multi-step process, so it is important that you read through the following steps carefully and follow the instructions below.
Step One: Campus France Registration
- To be completed by Monday, October 8: Register in Campus France’s “Etudes en France” system and complete the first phase of your visa application.
- Full instructions on completing your Etudes en France application are in this presentation.
- Submit the $190 Campus France fee and email your online payment receipt to Joelle Orecki.
If you miss this deadline, you will put your ability to participate in the Syracuse Strasbourg program at serious risk.
Step Two: Attend a Visa Appointment
Students must appear in person to apply for their French visa. There are two options:
(Option 1) Attend a Group Appointment in Syracuse, NY on Tuesday, November 6, 2018. Details about what time to report will be sent closer to the appointment date.
(Option 2) Schedule an Independent Appointment between October 29th and November 16th at a VFS Center in Washington D.C., Boston, New York, Atlanta, Houston, Miami, Chicago, Los Angeles, or San Francisco.
- Appointments fill up quickly, so if you are planning to participate in option 2, schedule your appointment by October 5th.
- Once scheduled, email Joelle Orecki with the time & date of your appointment.
All students must notify Joelle Orecki by Wednesday, October 3rd, whether they will be participating in (1) the group appointment, or (2) an independent appointment.
You are responsible for preparing and submitting your visa materials to the consulate accurately; Syracuse Abroad is unable to work with the consulates on your behalf. However, we are available to guide you through the process and review your paperwork. We recommend that you begin preparing your application materials at least two weeks in advance of your appointment to allow time to gather the required documents.
Download the visa application and instruction packet: