All students (apart from EU citizens traveling on a valid EU passport), participating in the Strasbourg program must get a French student visa prior to departure. Obtaining a French student visa is a multi-step process, so it is important that you read through the following steps carefully and follow the instructions below.
Step One: Campus France Registration
- To be completed by October 13: Register in Campus France’s “Etudes en France” system and complete the first phase of your visa application.
- Full instructions on completing your Etudes en France application are in this presentation.
- Submit the $180 Campus France fee and email your online payment receipt to Matt Maloney at email@example.com.
IF YOU MISS THIS DEADLINE, YOU WILL PUT YOUR ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SYRACUSE STRASBOURG PROGRAM AT SERIOUS RISK.
Step Two: Obtaining Your Student Visa From the French Consulate
Make an appointment with the French Consulate as soon as you are accepted:
- Students in or residents of Bermuda and the states of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut (New York consulate area)
- Students in or residents of the states of Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont (Boston consulate area)
- Students in or residents of the states of North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wisconsin (Chicago consulate area)
- Students in or residents of the District of Columbia and the states of Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia (Washington, DC consulate area)
Appointments fill up quickly, so you must go online and schedule an appointment to appear in person by November 15. Notify Matt Maloney of the time and date of your appointment.
You are responsible for preparing and submitting your visa materials to the consulate accurately; Syracuse Abroad is unable to work with the consulates on your behalf. However, we are available to guide you through the process and review your paperwork. We recommend that you begin preparing your application materials at least two weeks in advance of your appointment to allow time to gather the required documents.
Download the visa application and instruction packet: