In order to have the highest level of Syracuse Madrid support:
You have the responsibility to…
- have a working cell phone that can make and receive calls at any time
- provide Syracuse Madrid’s Student Life staff with your working cell number within one week of arrival in Madrid
- fill out the number change form if you get a new number (Spanish or otherwise) during your time abroad (this can also be found on the Syracuse Madrid app!)
- inform Syracuse Madrid whenever you spend the night outside Madrid by filling out the Travel Registration Form
- check your syr.edu e-mail frequently and be responsive to any requests that we might make to ensure your security
- have access to the Syracuse Madrid emergency & resource numbers, found on the Syracuse Madrid app
- program a number to contact ‘In Case of Urgent Support’ into your cell phone – we would recommend you use Syracuse Madrid’s student resource line for urgent issues (+34 696 413 977).
- register with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) and with International SOS (ISOS).