Syracuse Abroad offers many different opportunities for going abroad. For visiting students, programs are limited to the following categories:
- Semester Programs: These are for fall or spring semester, and entail a semester’s worth of study at one of our Syracuse Abroad Centers in Florence, London, Madrid, Strasbourg, Central Europe or Santiago
- Summer Programs: These are programs of various length during the summer semester. They include destinations in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East
You’ll be a part of a learning community that is based in the heart of Central Europe and that travels to Prague, Budapest, Berlin, Krakow, Bratislava, and Vienna. You’ll investigate sites tied to WWII, the Holocaust, and Soviet totalitarian rule. Explore the big questions of the 21st century—how people from different national and ethnic identities, with different languages, cultures, and traditions, are able to live together after wars and other kinds of violence and trauma. Learn about the complexity of issues related to history and social justice in comparative ways. All courses are taught in English.
For hundreds of years, Florence has remained a perpetual fountain of creativity and intellectual thought. The city is bursting with architectural and artistic masterpieces waiting to be explored. In addition, you’ll find a city that’s fast becoming an international hub for European politics, business, and international education.
- Florence Center
- Florence Center & Direct Enrollment at the University of Florence (courses taught in Italian)
- Florence Center & University of Florence (courses taught in English) (Fall only)
- Florence Center: Design (Spring only)
- Florence Center: Engineering (Spring only)
- Florence Center: Studio Arts
London’s cultural, social, and ethnic diversity is unlike anywhere else on earth. Whether you’re a budding designer, architect, actor, or simply a student of the world, your semester here will be one of the most enriching academic and personal experiences you can undertake. Your immersion into London life comes from living in your own flat, where you will soon discover that you are part of the city’s huge assortment of smaller towns, each with its own distinct character.
- London Center
- London Center: Computer Science (Fall only)
- London Center: Design (Spring only)
- London Center: Acting at Shakespeare’s Globe (Fall only)
Based in festive and modern Madrid, the Syracuse program explores the entirety of Spanish culture. You’ll begin with one of several distinct Signature Seminars, which are aimed at providing the best introduction to Spain and Europe. During that time, you’ll also meet fellow classmates and Syracuse staff and faculty. The Syracuse Madrid cultural activities and service learning programs will further immerse you in your new surroundings.
From the top of the Andes to the Southern Cone, this two-site program is your gateway to the diversities of South America. Begin in Buenos Aires, Argentina where you’ll advance your Spanish language skills in an environment that mixes a largely indigenous culture with Spanish heritage. Then you’ll be bound for Santiago – Chile’s vibrant capital. The city boasts more than 6 million residents and a wealth of cultural and education resources, including its top two universities, Universidad de Chile and Pontificia Universidad Catolica, where you will be taking classes. NOTE: At least three semesters of college-level Spanish are required for application to the program. Santiago programs are fall only.
Strasbourg is an exciting place to study. Over 50,000 college students flock to Strasbourg each year, drawn by its great European institutions: the Court of Human Rights, the Council of Europe, and the European Parliament. The decisions and policies made in Strasbourg affect the whole of Europe and play an important role in international affairs. The Syracuse Strasbourg program is designed to make the most of all that Strasbourg offers. You’ll learn from international faculty members who are professionals in politics, diplomacy, and law.
- Strasbourg Center
- Strasbourg Center & French Language Institute (U. Strasbourg)
- Strasbourg Center & Sciences Po – Strasbourg
- Strasbourg Center & U. Strasbourg
- Strasbourg Center: Engineering (Fall only)
Summer programs are ideal for students who may not be able to commit to an entire semester abroad, want to earn credits, or gain internship experience. Summer programs, including sessions at our Centers in Florence, London and Madrid, reach Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and Australia.
- Japan: Ecology, Phenomena, Craft
- Mount Everest Base Camp: The Human Response to High Altitude
- Singapore Summer Internship Program
- Three Cities Architecture Studio in Asia
- Engineering Research Projects in Strasbourg
- French for Diplomacy
- Italian Film Studies and Filmmaking in Bologna
- Literacy, Inclusion, and Diversity in Italy
- London Summer Internships
- Managing Global Brands of Sport: An International Public Relations Study
- Olympic Odyssey
- Religion, Law, and Human Rights in a Comparative Perspective
- Summer Internships in Strasbourg
- The European and Global Internship Program in Brussels
- Venice Architecture Biennale
Middle East & North Africa: