Requesting Your Transcript

Information for Visiting Students

Your home college or university will need an official transcript from Syracuse University in order to award credit for your semester on a Syracuse Abroad program. Transcripts are not issued automatically. You will need to submit a request to the Syracuse University Registrar’s office once you have confirmed that your grades are posted and you have no financial holds.

Only students may request copies of their transcript.

  1. First, check to make sure all of your grades have been posted. (You can do this in MySlice : under Student Services/Enrollment, select ‘View Grades’)
  2. Grades for courses taken at SU centers are generally posted within two weeks of the program’s end. If you took classes at a foreign university, you may need to wait several weeks after the program ends for all of your grades to post.
  3. Questions regarding your grades should first be sent to the faculty member for your class. Additional concerns or inquiries can be sent to Marisa Lostumbo, student records specialist.
  4. Check to make sure your account is free of holds. Transcripts will not be released for accounts with financial or judicial holds. You can check to see if your account has a hold by checking MySlice : under Student Services/Finances, select ‘View Holds’
    1. If you have questions regarding financial holds or billing, contact Anne Mong, business operations specialist.
  5. Request your transcript. Make certain you have the correct address to have your transcript issued to when making your request. Transcript request instructions as well as FAQs regarding transcripts can be found on the Syracuse University Registrar’s website
  6. After submitting your transcript request, you may check on the status of your request by contacting the Syracuse University Registrar’s office. Syracuse Abroad does not issue transcripts or receive information pertaining to your request. You can reach the Registrar’s office by phone at 315-443-2422, or via email.