Student Visas

After you have been admitted to a Syracuse Abroad program, your Syracuse Abroad admissions counselor will provide you with information on obtaining your student visa.

If you have been admitted to study abroad and are in the process of changing your name, gender, or any biographical information on your passport, we encourage you to complete that process before applying for a visa. If timing will not allow for this, we recommend that you wait to formalize these changes until your program has finished. Please contact Syracuse Abroad if you have any questions.

Please click on the appropriate link below to view visa requirements for your program of study:

World Partner and summer students will receive separate visa instructions.

Tourist Visas

If you are a U.S. citizen, you can enter most countries in Europe without obtaining a visa ahead of time. Countries outside of Europe may require you to obtain a tourist visa. For the latest information on specific visa requirements for U.S. citizens, contact your local passport agency or read the Department of State’s Foreign Entry Requirements .