As an Exchange student at Syracuse University, your first step is to work with the international office at your home university, as your nomination is required before Syracuse can consider you here. Once your nomination is forwarded to Syracuse University, you may complete the Syracuse University Exchange Student Application Form.
Applications will open on the following dates:
- February 1 for fall applications
- August 1 for spring applications
Nomination Due Dates:
- March 1 for following or academic year
- October 1 for following spring
Application Due Dates:
- April 1 for following fall or academic year
- November 1 for following spring semester
Elements of an Incoming Exchange Application
You will need to upload the following documents as part of your application:
- Copy of your passport
- Transcript or record of grades for university studies
- Financial documentation (bank statement or funding award letter in English) showing cost of attendance for undergraduates or graduates.
- English Proficiency Exam Results
- Acceptable exams and scores can be found on the Syracuse University website
- Note: Students whose native language is English or whose university classes are taught in English are exempt
- Housing Request Form (included in your application)
- Course Request/Advising Form (included in your application)
- Portfolio or Audition Video (Required by departments in the College of Visual and Performing Arts and the School of Architecture)
Next Steps: Application review will begin after the application due dates. If accepted, you will receive an email notification followed by an official welcome letter. Upon acceptance, the Syracuse University Center for International Services will process your I-20 and send it to you via email.
Before the semester starts, you will receive another email regarding orientation date, arrival date, Welcome Week, and the official semester start date.