Apply now to Syracuse Abroad!
Thank you for deciding to apply to a Syracuse University Abroad program! We are so excited for you to join us – whether you’ve chosen to apply to attend a center-based program, one of our world partner programs, a summer program, or a short-term program.
Spring 2022 Semester Programs
Application deadline is October 1 and applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Over $1.4M in financial aid is available for 2021-22 semester programs – learn more!
Summer 2022 programs
Application deadline is February 10 and applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Learn more about summer financial aid & scholarships!
Deadlines for most Syracuse Abroad programs are:
- Spring semester programs: October 1
- Spring short-term programs: October 15
- Summer programs: February 10
- Fall semester & short-term programs: March 15
NOTE: Most Syracuse Abroad programs have a “rolling admissions” policy, which means applications are reviewed as they are completed, prior to all deadlines. To ensure full consideration, all students are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as some programs have limited space. Some programs have deadlines that occur earlier than the standard deadline for the term. For exact deadline dates, please refer to the program’s specific application page. Date of application does not guarantee acceptance.
All applicants should be familiar with the Syracuse Abroad admissions policy.
*Note to U.S. citizens planning to study abroad in spring 2022: Due to the pandemic, both the U.S. State Department and the U.S. Postal Service are experiencing significant delays in the processing/mailing of passports. Syracuse Abroad recommends that you apply for an expedited passport which will cost an additional $60 and take up to 12 weeks to receive. You should also ask for and pay the $17.56 fee to have your passport application express delivered to the U.S. passport processing agency and an additional $17.56 to have your new passport express delivered to your home. This will significantly reduce the length of your wait. Check the U.S. State Department for more information.
Selecting Your Program:
Find the program you’d like to apply to. Browse our program offerings or visit the program selector to find your program of interest. Once you are ready, click on the program title to access the Apply Now button and begin your application. You’ll then be prompted to create an OrangeAbroad account.
Creating Your OrangeAbroad Account:
- Syracuse University student applicants will be able to log in directly to the OrangeAbroad portal using their NetID & password. Upon signing in, complete the required profile questions. You will then be brought to your applicant homepage where you will click on your application name to access the application and begin working on your checklist items.
- First time visiting student applicants will need to create a profile on the OrangeAbroad portal to proceed. You will need to indicate that you are a visiting student creating an account for the first time. You will be asked to provide basic information and will be sent temporary log-in credentials by email. After receiving your temporary log-in credentials, sign back in to your newly created account, responding that you have an existing account and are logging in with your email address. Complete this sign-on process with the temporary credentials and when prompted, set your permanent password and security questions.
Upon signing in, complete the required profile questions. You will then be brought to your applicant homepage where you will click on your application name to access the application and begin working on your checklist items.
Note – Visiting students who are unable to complete their profile in a single session may need to return to the program’s brochure page and select ‘Apply Now’ a second time to reinitate the application session.
Completing Your Application:
Once you’ve created your application within the OrangeAbroad portal, review your application and begin completed your checklist items. You will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee.
Once all items have been completed and/or received by Syracuse Abroad Admissions staff (as indicated by a check mark in the box under the “received” column), your application will be ready for review and an Admissions Counselor will be in touch with you shortly thereafter with your decision.
Your OrangeAbroad portal may be updated throughout the cycle with additional requirements. Once accepted, additional post-acceptance forms will be made available to you. Some checklist items are time-sensitive.
Be sure to check your portal often.