Fifteen desktop computers (PCs) are networked to black & white and color printers in the Computer Lab of the Villa Rossa (basement level). The Computer Lab follows the same opening hours as the Library.
- From a desktop computer (Computer Lab)
- Print from a desktop computer to a black & white or color printer (one-sided or double-sided printing are possible) in the Computer Lab.
- From a mobile device (Computer Lab and Library Print Room)
- Print from your laptop or other mobile device to a black & white printer in the Computer Lab or Rm. 10 of the Library. Please note that Email-to-Print is currently limited to black &white, double-sided printing ONLY. (See email-to-print instructions below.)
- Using any email client with your SU email account configured (web, desktop, mobile), compose a new email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include the file/s you wish to print as an attachment – you can attach more than one document in the same email. Acceptable files include Microsoft Office (docx, xlsx, pptx etc…), PDF and image files (jpg, png, tiff, gif etc…). Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite files are not supported.
- Send your email. You will receive a confirmation message back from the print system. The cost stated in the email shows the maximum per-page charge but the actual charge may be less; the correct charge will be shown in your Recent Print Jobs.
- Click on the link in the confirmation email or go to https://printing.syr.edu/client. Login to the system with your NetID and password.
- From the Jobs Pending Release tab, release your job by selecting a Florence printer from the listed options:
The cost is $0.04 per sheet and charged to your PaperCut printing account. All students are given a $20.00 credit at the beginning of each academic year. The PaperCut print management system site listed above will show your credit balance and transaction history. If necessary, funds can be added through Cashnet with a credit card.
For technical assistance, bring your laptop or mobile device to the IT Office in Room 20 of Villa Rossa during regular office hours, or write to email@example.com.
Scanner and Photocopier
A flatbed scanner is available to students free of charge in Rm. 10 of the Library (Villino building). Log onto the computer with your SU email credentials and follow the prompts after selecting the scanner icon on the screen. Important: Be sure to sign out after use.
A photocopier is also available to students in Rm. 10 of the Library, but requires purchasing a 1-euro prepaid copy card from the automatic dispenser. The cost per page for a letter size (A4) black & white photocopy is 4 cents. The cost per page for a letter size (A4) color copy is 12 cents. For 11 x 17 (A3) photocopies, the cost is double that of an A4 black & white or color copy, respectively.
School of Architecture
The School of Architecture, located at Piazzale Donatello 25, has small resource rooms with desktop computers, scanners, and color and laser printers. All studios are connected to the campus’s wireless network.