Prerequisites: Performing Arts and Music majors
Company Description: Archètipo handles the production and distribution of live video and other forms of communication. They manage the municipal theatre of Antella (province of Florence), promoting events through different channels of communication (video, photography, social media, print media and television). They film on historical sites within Tuscany with the help of actors and tour guides bringing together history of art, literature, and architecture. They curate events that link classicism and contemporary culture with great attention paid to promotion and marketing.
Job Description: Interns will assist in marketing management and in filming and photographing events and projects.
- Produce photographical promotional content
- Create and manage content for the company’s different social channels
- Assist in filming
- Some Italian preferred.
- Academic prerequisites: APH200.1 Introduction to Art Photography, or equivalent
- Basic photographic and computer skills
- Required Equipment: Digital camera with manual setting capabilities, large capacity memory card (32/64Gb)
- Recommended Equipment: Large capacity external hard drive for storing work
F.E.S.T.A. is a bilingual and multicultural group of theatre professionals and interdisciplinary artists in Florence, dedicated to creating a new bi-cultural theatre model in our adopted home of Italy. Founded in 2007, F.E.S.T.A. has been presenting English language and bilingual theatre as well as an ongoing program of educational outreach through theatre to the city of Florence, its tourists, residents, families and children. The group is committed to working with American and Italian colleagues, in both languages, drawing on the traditions of American culture and joining them with the exceptionally rich cultural tapestry that is Italy.
Language requisites: English
Company Description: KAOS is a contemporary dance company that operates under the guidance of Roberto Sartori and Katiuscia Bozza.The company has a distinctive, original, unconventional dance style: the high stylistic rigor is combined with a constant tension towards beauty and harmony of movement. The artistic direction has been dedicated, since the foundation of the company, to artistic research, to the exploration of the horizons of contemporary dance, to experimentation in interdisciplinary mixes with other forms of art.
Job Description: Interns will assist with office activities as well as participate in dance classes.
- Assist with administrative work
- Social media management
- Shadow dance teachers
- Some Italian preferred
Company Description: KOF Musical Cultural Association offers Baroque music concerts in specific places of artistic interest in the city of Florence. Florence still lacks an authentic ancient music festival, and filling this void is the mission of our association. A city with such an extraordinary artistic heritage can no longer fail to have, within its vast cultural offer, an initiative that enhances the great wealth of the Florentine and Tuscan musical tradition. Our association offers its citizens and visiting guests a series of events in which ancient music is the protagonist. Our Association involves young and established professional Tuscan, Italian and international musicians in its concert activity, coming from important musical groups.
Job Description: Interns will assist with concert planning, organization, management and promotion.
- Work the ticket office
- Greet audience, hand out concert programs and manage the public and performers during concerts
- Assist in event planning and organizing in accordance to the association’s specific and previously developed process
- Create promotional strategies and campaigns for advertising the association’s concerts and events
- Social media management and website assistance
- English, some Italian preferred
- Passionate about music and the association’s mission
Company Description: In the year of the celebrations linked to the 700th anniversary of the death of Dante Alighieri (1321-2021), the AntigonArt association – in collaboration with the Trame di Cultura cooperative , the Amici di Dante associations in Casentino , Gli Amici dell’asino and Unione Fiorentina – Dante’s House Museum – has decided to give life to the project Le Donne della Commedia. We manage a series of guided tours and educational activities to discover the world of the Supreme Poet in Florence, Casentino and Mugello, through the places of his life and the historical, cultural and artistic events of his time. The tours are told through the female figures who have marked Dante’s life and journey : Beatrice Portinari , Francesca da Rimini , Gemma Donati , Matelda and Piccarda Donati .
Job Description: In this online-only internship, interns will plan and promote company events.
- Manage the company’s online presence
- Develop promotional strategies for advertising the company’s tours
- Plan, manage and organize tours and events
- Some Italian preferred
- Passion for performing arts
Medici Dynasty Show – temporarily closed
Company Description: The Medici Dynasty Show is a piece of multimedia theater covering 300 years of Florentine history through the lives of the Medici Family.
Job Description: Interns will assist in show promotion, administrative work and ushering duties.
- Assist administration with daily tasks
- Develop promotional content and campaigns
- Assist with digital and social media marketing
- Collect tickets and usher guests at shows
- English, no Italian required
Company Description: Teatro Verdi is the largest Italian style theater in Tuscany. Founded in 1854, the theater has been operating for over 160 years in the heart of Florence. While the theater hosts shows from every genre, it is most known for being the permanent headquarters of the Orchestra della Toscana (ORT).
Job Description: Interns at Teatro Verdi will work mainly in the areas of social media and public relations, publishing photos and content on the theater’s website and various social media platforms.
- Develop information channels for the promotion of ORT
- Produce social media content for ORT from the viewpoint of students
- Video production project for promoting Teatro Verdi amongst american students
- English, Italian preferred