Prerequisites: Visual Arts majors
Laboratorio Immagine Donna
Company Description: The Laboratorio Immagine Donna has been actively focusing on women and Italian cinema for the past fifteen years. It organizes film festivals, lectures and screenings of films by female directors, and films that address women & gender issues.
Job Description: The intern will assist mainly with event planning activities
- Organize events hosted or co-hosted by the association
- Promote events
- Intermediate to advanced Italian.
Lo schermo dell’arte is an international project dedicated to exploring and promoting the relationship between cinema and contemporary art through a festival, research and training projects, exhibitions, residency programs for artists, production, distribution and educational programs.
The project is divided into:
- LO SCHERMO DELL’ARTE CINEMA AND CONTEMPORARY ART FESTIVAL: an international event that presents a selection of the best recent production of artist films and documentaries on contemporary art, meetings with artists, authors and curators.
- VISIO European Program on Artists’ Moving Images: a research and residency project dedicated to artists under 35 who use moving images in their artistic practice. Participants are selected with an open call and in collaboration with some of the most important European art academies, art schools and residencies for artists. It includes seminars, round tables, meetings and the VISIO Young Talent Acquisition Prize.
- EXHIBITIONS by participants in the VISIO program which since 2015 have been held in city institutions: Palazzo Strozzi, Cinema La Compagnia, Palazzo Medici Riccardi, Le Murate. Progetti Arte Contemporanea, Manifattura Tabacchi.
- PROJECTS screening programs organized with Italian and foreign institutions, publications, training projects.
- ARCHIVE available on the website, consisting of over 1000 titles including artist films and documentaries.
Language requisites: Basic Italian.
Company Description: Mediateca Regionale Toscana is an audiovisual communications center which houses approximately 11,000 films and a collection of over 8,000 books on film and cinematography in Tuscany. The library is used by critics, students and film buffs alike. In addition to producing audiovisual materials, the library promotes educational and cultural events related to film and cinema in the region of Tuscany.
Job Description: One or two interns each semester assist staff with organizing events, website and archive organization.
- Assist staff with organizing upcoming festivals and events
- Assist with digital cataloging
- Organize archives
- Translate Italian text into English text from Mediateca’s website
- Intermediate to advanced Italian
- Preference will be given to students who can dedicate at least one full morning or afternoon per week and/or an occasional Friday
Company Description: Sentiero Film Lab is an educational development and production project dedicated to Short Films. By combining live and virtual experiences, with training workshops and artistic residencies, Sentiero Film Lab creates a network of professionals and artists from the world of “artisan cinema”. Sentiero Film LAB is the first digital platform in Italy for developing screenplays and short film projects, which is proposed as a multimedia connection between authors and film producers and as a digital design accelerator. Thanks to the digital platform, dedicated to short film projects under development, Sentiero Film Lab acts as a glue and filter between authors and independent producers.
Job Description: Interns will have the opportunity to work across various field including communications and marketing as well as film development.
- Assist in planning and organizing film events and festivals
- Assist in video production
- Assist in video editing
- Basic conversational Italian preferred
- Basic knowledge of softwares such as Final Cut, Pro, Adobe Premier etc.
- Experience in photography and/or video shooting
- Experience in graphics and/or post production
- Experience in social media marketing