Prerequisites: Arts and Sciences majors, priority given to Rhetorical Studies, Creative Writing, English and Textual Studies and English Education majors
Company Description: The British Institute and its library have played an important role in Anglo-Florentine cultural life since 1917. Today the Harold Acton Library continues to provide a rich resource of books to borrow and browse, and it is the venue for the institute’s stimulating cultural program of lectures and films.
Job Description: Interns assist the librarians with their daily activities
PLEASE NOTE: The British Institute Library is open in the afternoon only. Check that your class schedule allows before application
- Archive organization
- Cataloging and classifying materials
- Plan and organize special events such as the regular Cultural Programme
- English, no Italian required
Dipartimento d’Italianistica – Università degli Studi di Firenze
Company Description: The Dipartimento d’Italianistica is one of the University of Florence’s most prestigious departments.
Job Description: The intern will be involved in the planning and organizing of projects and events as well as helping out in the department’s library.
- Assist in library management and archival cataloging
- Assist with literary project development
- Help organize a high-profile lecture
- Advanced Italian