Prerequisites: Visual Arts and Studio Arts majors
Company Description: JHA Porcelain is contemporary ceramic atelier & shop specialized in porcelain. It was founded by Jacqueline Harberink in 2013 and it moved to the center of Florence in November 2021. Jacqueline creates high-end tableware, homeware, jewelry and art work in porcelain.
Job Description: Interns will be exposed to the complete process of her work and will assist her in both the production of merchandise and in administrative aspects.
- Assist in the creation and production of porcelain objects
- Assist in online sales processes
- Create promotional content
- Plan and organize events and workshops
- English, no Italian necessary
Company Description: We are a type “B” Social Cooperative whose working members are young adults with intellectual disabilities or in situations of fragility who work side by side every day to produce objects that are purchased because they are “beautiful, useful and not just supportive”. We were born in November 2011 , to offer new stimuli and opportunities to disabled children, who, after leaving school, can feel closer to their peers and more integrated by having a real JOB that would give them equal dignity and at the same time, help them to acquire more skills and grow in professionalism. Together with the Master of Art Stefania De Ninno, we have tried to identify the characteristics of each child, enhance, develop, and use their creative and imaginative potential, beyond the limits of their cognitive and relational abilities.
Job Description: Interns will assist the company’s artists in product design as well as assist with the promotion of the brand.
- Organize materials and develop new art projects/designs
- Design new promotional strategies for the company and its products
- Manage the company’s social media channels and boost online presence
- Assist with the management of online orders
- Create blog posts
- Some Italian preferred
Company Description: Tuscan Wedding Cakes, Italy’s premiere wedding cake designer, creates spectacular designs for destination weddings and events in Florence, Tuscany, Siena, and throughout Italy. Melanie Secciani, the artisan behind Tuscan Wedding Cakes, offers luxury, one-of-a-kind cake designs that reflect the love and magic of the clients. The cakes are custom designed and reflect the personal styles of the couples whether it be elegant, whimsical, ornate, elaborate or simple and sophisticated.
Job Description: Interns will assist in cake design and creation.
- Assist in the cake design process
- Assist in the kitchen with cake baking
- Assist in the creation of edible cake decor
- English, no Italian required
- Culinary or studio arts majors preferred